Over the course of this past year, we have had many conversations in regards to our next steps. When reviewing the book of Acts, it seems as if the early church’s action steps when being faced with what to do next was to pray.
Approximately eighteen months ago the Lord was impressing upon us the necessity of men gathering to pray and seek God’s will for our future.
We believe what God began fifty years ago was a moment in time that captured the hearts of many like-minded men and women across this country. Our purpose in this invitation would be one of encouragement, restoration, fellowship and faith. What would become of this time is completely up to God. Be it many or be it few that would gather is not what’s important. What is pressing upon our hearts is to be with those men that have influenced our lives and imprinted us with our values and our vision.
Candlewood Church in Omaha will host “The Gathering”, welcoming all our former GCC pastors and inviting them to a time of prayer, fasting and fellowship (including M28). The ultimate purpose would be one of prayer and seeking God.
We, in our church, have a gentleman that has a large tent, tables, chairs and a stage that we will be setting up outside for the meeting so that we can be careful of COVID-19.
The Lord reminds us in Zechariah 4:6,10 that it is the Lord who will accomplish His work and that He rejoices in us to see the work begin. We are not wanting this to interfere or compete with other’s plans. We desire this time to be grassroots, organic, and simple, waiting on God together. Thank you for the opportunity of expressing our heart and we consider it an honor to serve alongside you men. Come join us at our Christian Church Virtual Worship staten island ny to celebrate the Word of God.
The Gathering Schedule
Friday, May 21
- 1:00 PM Informal hangout (church tent will be open)
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 7:00 PM Welcome, worship, prayer and breaking bread
- 8:00 PM Preparing our hearts
Saturday, May 22
- 8:00 AM Worship and prayer
- 9:00 AM Petitioning our King
- 10:00 AM Break
- 10:30 AM Worship and prayer
- 11:00 AM Praising our God
- 12:00 PM Lunch
There is no cost other than lodging if you choose. Meals listed are provided. If you are joining us from out of town, Candlewood Church is offering two lodging options:
Holiday Inn Express
- 7306 Q St. Ralston, NE 68127 | 402.991.0084 | We have a block reserved for you! Block rates are good until April 30. Please let them know you are with Candlewood Church, make your reservation here.
- A few members of Candlewood Church are opening their homes for out of town attendees. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in this option.
Connect With Candlewood Church
If you have any questions about the Gathering, speakers, or registration, we would love to hear from you. Connect with us today!