Refugee Readiness Training 2022
At Candlewood Church, we would like you to know about this opportunity if you would like to receive training for serving refugees.
- Topic: Refugee Readiness Training
- Time: Mar 12, 2022 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
- Cost: asking those who participate to prayerfully consider giving the Training organization a free-will offering here.
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89968219903?pwd=ODB1SklGNFYyL1lvSFl4TDJqR0g5Zz09
Refugee Readiness Training with an Emphasis on Afghanis
Candlewood Church in Omaha, NE has partnered with Embrace the Nations (ETN) to learn and do ministry with refugees. They are doing a good work. The Director of ETN recently presented her ministry to a group of M28 pastors during a weekly prayer meeting via zoom. Several have expressed interest in receiving their training. ETN has three presenters that are each very experienced in a specific area of working among refugees with a special preparedness for working among Afghan refugees. They have carved out a time to offer a 3-hour training via zoom on Saturday, March 12, 9am-12 noon, CST.
When a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the Lord your God.
Leviticus 19:33-34 NAS
Embrace the Nations Refugee Readiness Training
This training was created to help equip Christ followers in reaching out to Afghan refugees. Most Americans know almost nothing about refugees in general, much less understand the complex culture of Afghans. This Refugee Readiness Training is extremely important for anyone who will have direct contact with Afghan refugees. It helps raise awareness and understanding in three major areas:
1. The ABCs of Refugees - Who are refugees, what are their needs once they arrive in our cities, what are some of the biggest cultural challenges they face and what do we need to know to effectively communicate with them?
2. The Role of a Family Advocate - What does it look like to befriend a refugee or refugee family? This section will discuss the importance of building relationships and how to do this effectively. It also looks at social action vs. sharing the gospel.
3. The Afghan Culture - This is an eye-opening session that gives insight into Afghan ways of thinking and acting which are extremely different from Western culture. It will help prepare believers to be seen as "honorable" in the eyes of their Afghan friends.
If you are interested in more information or have any additional questions, please contact the Missions Director at Candlewood Church, Jim Webelhaus.