A Note From the Pastor
Psalm 134:1-2 “Oh, praise the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, you who serve at night in the house of the Lord. Lift your hands toward the sanctuary, and praise the Lord.”
Psalm 135:1-2 “Praise the Lord! Praise the name of the Lord! Praise Him, you who serve the Lord, you who serve in the house of the Lord, in the courts of the house of our God.”
A lot of my thinking resonates with the psalmist here of prayer, praise and petition. God is rightly exalted in our lives and He so deserves our praise and prayer. The Bible also states that thanksgiving is a sacrifice that pleases Him. What incredible opportunities God gives us, both individually and corporately, to worship Him in praise and prayer. It’s always good to ask ourselves questions as we walk this life in our relationship with God. Here are a few:
- Am I growing in my worship?
- Do I look forward to my quiet times?
- Am I preparing my heart for times of public worship?
- Am I prioritizing these spiritual activities that will help me to continue growing?
There are many questions we can ask ourselves, and yet, there are only limited opportunities where we can participate together as a church. This Thursday at 7:00 PM is one of those opportunities. Come and join us as we pray, praise and petition our God.
- Dec 19th 7:00pm | All Church Prayer
- Dec 21st 11:00am | Memorial Service for Diana Deleski
- Dec 22nd | Children’s Christmas Program at both services
- Dec 24th 5:00pm | Christmas Eve Service
If you would like blog posts like these sent straight to your inbox, please sign up to receive encouraging verses, stories, and updates from the Candlewood Church team here.