Candlewood Church Omaha is excited to announce that for our fifth time in a row, we will once again be partnering with Samaritan’s Purse and participating in Operation Christmas Child. Last year, Candlewood Church gave 663 Christmas boxes. This year, our goal is 750 boxes.
Why Operation Christmas Child?
“Let the children come to Me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God.”
For every shoebox received by a child, it is estimated that about seven people get to hear the Gospel. In addition, every child that receives a shoebox is also given the opportunity to go through a 12-week discipleship program in which they get a Bible in their own language. This is an incredible chance we have to be the light of the world that Christ calls us to be.
Please consider joining us this year as we strive to be difference makers both in the Omaha metro and the world. We appreciate your participation and generosity in your decision to serve and pray for Operation Christmas Child.
Ways to Pray for Operation Christmas Child
- Pray for the child who will receive your shoebox.
- Pray for soft hearts that are ready for the grace and love of Jesus to change their lives.
- Pray for impact beyond the children receiving the shoeboxes.
How to Pack a Shoebox for Operation Christmas Child
If you decide to participate this year, remember to bring your shoeboxes to church on Sunday, November 21st. Please ensure that your shoebox has been labeled to identify age and gender. Please secure your boxes with rubber bands on each end.
There are countless ways to pack an Operation Christmas Child shoebox.
- First off, choose which gender and age group you want to do, and then decide on a “WOW Item.” This could be a (deflated) soccer ball, stuffed animal, nice outfit, etc.
- Then, decide what other items you’d like to add: school supplies (pencils, pens, markers, notebooks, rulers, etc.); personal care items (bars of soap, toothbrush, brush, wash cloths, etc.); other small toys/activities; clothing items/accessories.
- Finally, include a personal note. The personal note is an awesome opportunity to tell them you care about them, are praying for them, and that there’s a God who loves them. It is fun to include a picture of you/your family, your email address, or any contact information you feel comfortable sharing, as it’s possible to have ongoing communication with them!
Candlewood is generously providing the boxes and covering the shipping donation for the first 750 boxes, so all you have to do is fill the box!
Candlewood Church Needs You!
Similar to 2020, Candlewood Church will be a central, Operation Christmas Child collection site in Omaha, NE where people from across the Omaha metro as well as other churches can bring their shoebox gifts to our church.
We will open our doors for National Collection Week starting November 15th through the 22nd. In order to best serve our community, Candlewood Church needs you to volunteer!
As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to help with:
- loading the shoeboxes into trucks
- curbside collection
If you have any questions about Operation Christmas Child, please connect with Candlewood Church here.