The Bible’s view of human nature – at odds with the naive optimism that couples often enter marriage with – could be summarized this way: we are born foolish and prone to evil, so wisdom is only gained over time through humble listening, never by chance, or the default of human intuition. Every couple grows older; few grow wiser. How about you? Are you growing wiser in your marriage? How can you tell?
Join us this April in Omaha, as Candlewood sponsors a marriage conference aimed to help couples grow wiser marriage skills. Known for his humorous speaking style, Pastor Mark Bowen from Evergreen Church in Minnesota will share the skills necessary to grow wiser in your marriage. Mark has been married for 30 years and is a father of five. We hope to see you then!
- Dates: Friday, April 7th to Saturday, April 8th
- Location: DoubleTree Downtown Omaha – 1616 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE 68102
- Cost: $99 per couple, payable to Candlewood Church upon check in.
Price includes conference, hotel room, parking (DoubleTree garage), and breakfast buffet on Saturday (lunch not included). $50 scholarships are available (just speak with a Pastor).
- Let Candlewood know you are coming by registering here
- Let the DoubleTree know you are coming by making a reservation
Group Code for Discount Rate: CCM (available until March 17th)
Note: When you make your reservation, you will be asked to provide a credit card. The hotel will use this to secure your reservation and for any incidentals during your stay, but will not charge your card for the room. The $99 you pay to Candlewood upon check-in will cover your room and the conference, and Candlewood will then pay DoubleTree for your room. When making your reservation you may notice a price greater than $99, but Candlewood will offset the difference – an investment we are happy to make for the marriages in our church!
Friday, April 7, 2017
- 7:00pm – 7:30pm – Conference Check In
- 7:30pm – Session 1 – “The Wise, The Foolish, and The Evil”
Saturday, April 8, 2017
- 9:00am – 10:00am – Session 2 – “Anger Lessons”
- 10:00am – 10:30pam – Break
- 10:30a – 11:30am – Session 3 – “The Lost Art of Admonition”
- 11:00pm – 1:00pm – Lunch (on your own)
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm – Session 4 – Q&A, Open Forum
Join us for an incredible opportunity to grow wiser marriage skills!
Contact a pastor, or email us at email@example.com with any questions.