Photo by Sarah Rolin on Unsplash
Sarah Sullivan, a member of our Candlewood-Omaha location, is on staff with Youth For Christ, a ministry that focuses solely on reaching high school students. Below is an update from her November newsletter.
Youth for Christ reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local Church and other like-minded partners to develop lifelong followers of Jesus who lead by their Godliness in lifestyle, devotion to prayer and the Word of God, passion for sharing the love of Christ, and commitment to social involvement.
It is not only our heart to help students to discover the love of God and find a saving faith in Jesus, but also to teach, coach, and encourage students to walk daily with God and to reach their lost peers with the Gospel.
This month with our high school Campus Life we started a CORE group. This group consists of five students who know Jesus and have a desire to know him more. Three of our students have a local church home, and the other two are beginning to make church a priority and are excited to find a local church!
Over the last couple of weeks, we have talked taking steps to give Jesus a little bit more of your heart and life. Our two main focuses right now are getting involved in a church and reading your Bible. It has been so encouraging see Jesus working in these young hearts.
Please keep these five students in your prayers over this next month! May they fall in love with Jesus and begin walking in obedience to His leading for their life. My prayer is that by the end of the year all five students will have found a local church that they love and are plugged into, and that they would begin reading their Bible threetimes a week if not daily.
Thank you for all your support, prayers, and partnership! Thank you for investing into the lives of students in the Westside Area!
Please be praying for:
- Students to be connected into Christ-centered relationships.
- Christian students to be bold in their faith and extend the love of Christ to their lost friends and family.
- Students who do not belong to a local church to find a church to plug into
- Red Weekend November 17-19 where high school students would find Christ and discover life in him
- Westside Campus Life would be fully funded.
- More leaders to invest into students. We desperately need male leaders for high school campus life!