CONNECT – Relating Wholeheartedly – Marriage Conference 2022
Candlewood Church is excited to host a marriage conference on March 25-26, 2022. Relationships are a journey: it helps to have a guide!
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
These words are quoted often but significantly harder to live out. What does your love look like towards your spouse during this season? A core value of Candlewood Church is to build strong and balanced families. One way we encourage this is by holding a marriage conference.
Marriage Conference Speakers
This year, we have invited Pat and Cindy Sokoll as our guest speakers. Pat and Cindy have been working with couples for more than 35 years. Marriage and healthy relationships have been their primary focus of ministry for the last decade. They have taught marriage conferences throughout the US and around the world. Couples report that the content and examples are incredibly motivating as they seek to build a better marriage relationship. Read more about Pat and Cindy’s story here.
Marriage Conference - Connect Weekend
Building on the solid conceptual foundation of God’s plan for marriage, the Connect Weekend is designed to help couples
- and grow more proficient in essential relational “skills & tools”.
The priority of the class is to help each couple, “make it work”. The concepts and vocabulary of relationship found in Scripture are promptly put into practice as couples grow in the relational skills of connection and caring. The practice of these skills is the centerpiece of the class. Couples are given instruction, a safe space & encouragement to experience relational connection. Couples report that the content and examples are incredibly motivating as they seek to build a better marriage relationship.
- Date: The conference will take place Friday evening through Saturday evening March 25th - 26th
- Location: DoubleTree hotel in downtown Omaha
- $25 registration fee. $119 room reservation (optional). You must reserve your room by March 4th.
- Dining: Saturday Breakfast is included with a room reservation, Candlewood Church will not be providing breakfast otherwise. Saturday lunch will be on your own.
- Session 1, 7:00 PM-9:00 PM - God’s Big Idea for Marriage
- Session 1, 9:00 AM - Created with Needs
- Session 2, 10:30 AM - Oneness Responding – Meeting Emotion with Emotion
- Lunch Break
- Session 3, 1:00 PM - Communication - Assertiveness and Active Listening
- Session 4, 2:30 PM - Conflict Resolution – Confession & Forgiveness
2 Steps to Register
Discuss with your spouse whether this conference is worth the investment of time and money. If so, join us!
Once you have completed these two steps you have officially registered for the conference and booked your hotel room for a Connect Weekend to remember.
We look forward to seeing the impact this conference will have on couples both now and generations to come.
Childcare is being offered at the church during session times. If you are interested, please register for childcare here. If you have any additional questions about childcare, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the upcoming marriage conference or would like more information, please connect with us here.