At Candlewood Church in Omaha, NE, we are excited to announce that Vacation Bible School (VBS) Rocky Mountain Railway is coming this June!
Monday, June 22, 2020 – Friday, June 26, 2020
6:00pm – 8:30pm
Sunday, June 28 Candlewood Church Omaha will have a Celebration Service and a BBQ to follow. This year, VBS will be for elementary school aged children, entering K-6th grade.
Why Do Vacation Bible School (VBS)?
Doing a Vacation Bible School will make a difference in Omaha because
- Children will hear and understand the Gospel
- Families will be supported
- The Omaha community will be served
Candlewood Church Volunteer Expectations
What we need from our volunteers once you are assigned a role:
- A heart for God, a desire to serve, and an enthusiastic attitude
- One pre-VBS staff training day (date TBA)
- Background check (arranged by Candlewood Church)
- Commitment to attend every night of VBS
- If you’re a station leader or crew leader this is essential
- For other positions, can try to arrange someone to team up with if needed
- We’ll have the nursery staffed for volunteers’ children that under age 5
VBS Volunteer Sign Up
To sign up, please visit candlewoodchurch.org/vbs to register now, see the position descriptions below for more information.
Please sign up for the position you are interested in by March 1, 2020.
If you can’t volunteer for the entire week, please note which nights you’re available in the availability section. Please pray for this time, and share the word that we need volunteers!
Bible Adventure Station Leaders (2) –
- these storytellers bring the Bible to life for groups of kids through interactive and engaging experiences, then helps kids apply the word of God to their own lives. We are looking for a team of two who would be willing to lead this Bible Adventure station for the week. If you’re interested in this position, please note on the interest form who you would want to do it with. Register now.
Imagination Station Leaders (2) –
- the Imagination Station leaders encourage creativity and bring the Bible point to life through interactive and impactful crafts for groups of kids. We’re looking for a team of two to lead this station for the week. If you’re interested, please note on the form who you’d want to do it with. Register now.
Loco Motion Games Station Leaders (2) –
- the energetic, fun loving individuals are in charge of leading groups of kids in fun, physical activities and discussions. We’re looking for a team of two to lead this station for the week. If you’re interested, please note on the form who you’d want to do it with. Register now.
Chew Chew Snacks Station Leaders (2) –
- these individuals are in charge of preparing provided materials and guiding kids through the significance of the snack. We’re looking for a team of two to lead this station for the week. If you’re interested, please note on the form who you’d want to do it with. Register now.
KidVid Cinema Station Leaders (2) –
- these discussion leaders share Bible-point-reinforcing video resources with groups of kids before leading them in discussion on how they can apply the point to their own lives. We’re looking for a team of two to lead this station for the week. If you’re interested, please note on the form who you’d want to do it with. Register now.
Actors (2) –
- these individuals bring skits and Bible stories to life. Actors should be comfortable with acting both serious and silly in front of large groups of people. They will be given scripts beforehand to perform in the Bible Adventures station and at the welcome and wrap up. The main role would be Cam the railway worker. We also need someone to play Ananias and Jesus. Register now.
Check In/Check Out Station (3)-
- these friendly people would be in charge of checking the children in every night and giving the adults any flyers/information that may be needed. They would also be in charge of checking the kids out at the end of the night. These workers can volunteer at other stations as well. Register now.
Crew Leaders (30) –
- the crew leader will lead a small group of kids (about 5). There’s no preparation required. A good crew leader is a friend and helper for the kids and station leaders. They ask questions, take kids seriously, and encourage them throughout VBS. This position is open to those who have completed high school. Register now.
Assistant Crew Leaders –
- serves as a secondary crew leader. They help manage supplies, get the crew from station to station and help with experiences for their crew. This position is open to those entering 7th grade through entering senior year of high school. Register now.
Decoration Coordinators (2) –
- these creative individuals will be in charge of helping to transform our church into a rocky mountain railway themed building! This would include the welcome area, auditorium, and the hallways. Can also assist in helping station leaders decorate their rooms. This position would not necessarily need to be there the week of VBS, but require planning in advance. Register now.
Nursery Volunteers (4) –
- for families with both parents volunteering during VBS, the nursery will be staffed to watch their young children. Register now.
Slides and Media Equipment Crew (2) –
- these behind the scenes leaders are crucial to the production of VBS as they would run slides and sound during the welcome, wrap up, and during KidVid Cinema. Register now.
Song Leaders (2) –
- these energetic individuals would lead the kids through the songs and associated and motions at the beginning and end of each night as well as for the Sunday performance. They would be accompanying the VBS program’s video that has the lyrics and moves on it already. Leaders do not need to play instruments. Register now.
If you have any questions or would like more information about VBS at Candlewood Church, please contact us: