On Sunday, June 7 as well as Sunday, June 14, Candlewood Church will have a soft opening with the leaders and their families in order to iron out all the details. If all goes well, we will have in person services offered to the public tentatively on Sunday, June 21.
The governor has allowed church services to resume, but he has provided guidance around how these can be conducted safely. We believe that meeting together as a body of believers is essential (Heb 10:24-25), but also recognize the importance of doing so in a way that promotes safety for all members and is in submission to our governmental authorities (Rom 13:1-2). The guidelines outlined below are likely to be revised in the future as additional information becomes available or the number of cases decreases substantially. As the number of cases in Omaha is still quite high, we will do all we can to keep people safe.
There are many different beliefs and opinions regarding the precautions needed for meeting together, but we will outline some key thoughts.
- First, Philippians 2:4 says, “Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.” As follows of Jesus Christ, we follow His example by putting the interests of others ahead of our own. All of our actions must put the protection and safety of others ahead of our own comfort.
- Second, we understand some will not feel comfortable joining a large group. If you are not comfortable joining us we would encourage you to stay home and join us via the live streaming service. In particular, those with high-risk medical conditions should consider not attending until infection rates decline significantly in the community.
- Third, please make every effort to abide by the guidance provided. While some parts of the guidance may seem uncomfortable, unnatural, or inconvenient these guidelines are in place to protect both you and others. In particular the wearing of masks protects others from those who may be infected but have mild symptoms.
Given the current state of coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to respect the CDC guidelines, so our in person Sunday morning services will look a bit different for everyone’s safety. Please watch the video and read what to expect and the guidelines below.
What to Expect on Sunday Morning at Candlewood Church
- No refreshments will be provided
- No childcare (Nursery or Sunday School) is provided. Children who attend must sit with their parents or family and must be near their family at all times. No allowing children to roam the church independently. The nursery room is closed.
- The playground is closed, please keep children off the playground.
- Seating will be available in the Auditorium and Multi-purpose room. Ushers will be present to direct seating and door management.
- Seating by families, household/roommates and singles with at least 6 feet between groups.
- Multi-purpose doors will be open, weather permitting, for outside seating (bring your own chairs if you like). Those seated outside must maintain social distancing measures.
- When the service is over please exit the building immediately.
- Those at high risk of severe infection we would advise to remain at home. The service will continue to be broadcast live at 9:15am.
- If ill, showing ANY symptoms, or potentially exposed to COVID-19 please stay home.
- Symptoms which may be consistent with COVID-19 include fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, muscle aches, loss of sense of smell and/or taste, nausea or diarrhea
Guidelines for Safe Interactions
- Practice social distancing (staying 6 feet apart from others). No direct contact, handshakes, hugs, etc.
- A face mask must be worn while inside the church building
- Maintaining strict social distancing is difficult in an enclosed setting. Wearing a mask provides an extra level of protection to others and should be viewed as a way of considering others more important than yourself.
- If you do not have a mask, you will not be seated inside the building. Adults are expected to provide their own masks. We do have masks available for children. Ask an usher for one if needed. Children under two are not required to wear a mask.
- Please keep your mask on during the service
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue or the inside of your elbow. Immediately throw the tissue away and wash your hands.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, especially after touching frequently used items/surfaces and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Hand sanitizer is an acceptable alternative.
- Avoid touching your face
If you are more comfortable staying home, that’s okay. You can still worship from home with us!
Candlewood Church Omaha will continue to live stream our service every Sunday at 9:15am.
Whichever, way you decide to worship with us, we are thankful that you are praising the Lord.
Do you have questions about in person Candlewood Church services starting back up again or our live stream services? We would love to connect with you. Please contact us here or call 402.991.5152 or email email@example.com.