Friends and Family of Candlewood Church;
As we come to the end of 2023, we are once again reminded of God’s incredible faithfulness with our church family.
Psalm 107:43 “Those who are wise will take all this to heart; they will see in our history the
faithful love of the Lord.”
- The year began with our winter college conference trip to Moab, Utah, discovering God’s incredible creation.
- In March of 2023, the Kanes and VanSchoonevelds led us in our Parenting Conference with about forty-five of our couples attending.
- On Easter we had the largest attendance in Candlewood’s history of 444 people that came through our doors to worship our Risen Savior.
- In May, the Lord, once again, gave us a beautiful day as we held our Annual Springtime at Candlewood under the big tent.
- We hosted, beginning in May, LiNC, a five-week discipleship program that was attended by forty adults from around the country.
- Our Annual Vacation Bible School was attended by over eighty kiddos that got to hear the Good News that God loves them.
- In July, our youth group and their parents, along with others from Candlewood traveled to Alamosa, Colorado, for M-28’s first Faithcamp/DTC conference.
- As August came around and our fall calendar was beginning, we had or Annual Leader’s Retreat out at Camp Carol Joy Holling in Ashland, NE.
- In September, Camp Maranatha in Western Nebraska hosted our first M-28 conference with college students and young professionals attending from our sister churches.
- On September 26th, after a long wait, the plans were approved and construction began on our new addition.
- In October, on another beautiful fall day, over 1300 people visited our church campus as we hosted our Annual Trunk or Treat.
- As the calendar flipped, November was here. Once again, the generosity of Candlewood was displayed with the sending of 944 Operation Christmas Child boxes to kids and families around the world.
Throughout the year we had twenty children and their families dedicated to the Lord, nineteen believer’s baptisms, many salvations, thousands of prayers and untold acts of service and generosity given by the saints of Candlewood.
Psalm 115:1 “Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name goes all the glory for your
unfailing love and faithfulness.”
Thank you, Candlewood, for enriching the lives of so many people, it is truly an honor to be in this position of shepherding God’s people. May God continue to bless you during this holiday season and may He bless you and yours as we step into a new year.