A Note From the Omaha Pastor
Exodus 18:7, 24 “So Moses went out to meet his father-in-law. He bowed low and kissed him. They asked about each other’s welfare and then went into Moses’ tent….Moses listened to his father-in-law and did everything he said.”
Moses’ attitude in this passage is very encouraging. Set the stage here: Moses is confused on the mountain with the burning bush. Moses is commissioned by God to lead Israel, Moses confronts Pharaoh with his one request, and lastly, God uses Moses in the ultimate conflict at the Red Sea to destroy the Egyptians. In today’s culture, that is some pretty heavy stuff.
Yet, in these two verses we see Moses’ response to his father-in-law: he bows low and listened and followed his father-in-law’s advice.
Moses’ response to Jethro reveals that Moses was a man of humility and wisdom. May that be our heart.
Omaha pastor, Rory
- Feb 4th 7:00pm | Celebrate Recovery
- Feb 6th | Hospitality Thursday – Invite someone over for dinner!
- Feb 7th 9:30am | Women’s Bible Study
- Feb 7th 7:00pm | Candlewood Ladies’ Night
- Feb 9th 12:15pm | Learn more about our plans for Candlewood’s Vacation Bible School and let us know how you’d like to help! If interested but unable to attend, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more upcoming events, please visit the Candlewood Church calendar.