As I was reading today, I was thinking about this man’s life. Blind and poor, a life of loneliness, hurt and, in many ways, hopelessness.
Mark 10:52 “And Jesus said to him, ‘Go, for your faith has healed you.’ Instantly the man could see, and he followed Jesus down the road.”
One moment in darkness and the next second incredible light. Amazing that when this man was completely lost, he discovered Jesus. I love his heart when people told him to be quiet, he called out all the more. Nothing was going to keep him from this once in a lifetime opportunity. This is exactly who we all are without Jesus, we may dress ourselves up, speak about our accomplishments but in reality, we too are blind and poor. This man’s heart and actions is what I want to imitate, “he followed Jesus down the road.”
May we, as a church, continue to point all that come to Jesus….the blind and poor man healer.
Rory Whitney, Candlewood Church Omaha Pastor
- Mar 3rd 7:00pm | Celebrate Recovery
- Mar 5th | Hospitality Thursday – invite someone for dinner!
- Mar 7th 8:00am | Women’s Bible Study
- Mar 8th | Daylight Savings Time – spring ahead one hour!
- Mar 21st 9:00am | Parenting Conference in Lincoln